Friday, April 10, 2015

Tea Time?


Dearest Country Mouse,

What a horrific afternoon, I'm so sorry! I wish I could come and clean house with you!!! Of course cleaning house would lead to teatime breaks and endless chatting… Hardly what could be called a task…  Instead, alas, I've been pie trucking. I think the cusp of the new season is finally turning over; we are finally getting more customers again! It's been a long, slow winter—so many days of just biding my time so we could maintain our image of "open", even if the truth was we were barely selling any pie. The fact is, it's really not a year round gig, but there is no choice but to make it one. Next year I hope to have someone work a lot of the overly slow days so I can venture on and make ends meet in another fashion. 

Zuzu had her school play tonight. It was adorable and she was perfectly golden…  She played Gold, a metal/god…


I'm going to start taking a dance class on Monday. I'm really excited because it is a ballet class for those of us who have danced a fair amount in the past, but haven't kept up on it. To get me in the mood I blasted Tchaikovsky for a short while in the truck. Unfortunately it caused a customer to jump when the music suddenly rose to a loud climax just as I started taking their order. I didn't feel comfortable playing it so loudly after that, it kind of lost its momentum. 

Anyway, hoping today was better. How is Rahel's friend's boyfriend? By the way I love the doll faces, they are too wonderful! Keep posting... 


Kisses and Hugs,

          City Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment