Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Oh that doll!

Dearest Country Mouse,

Oh that doll, that doll, so utterly sweet! I love that you used the bit of fabric from my littlest ones baby quilt. Yes, baby days are so far away… Tonight at dinner Pow requested we have another baby. This subject comes up so often... The kids want more babies! But really they just want another playmate. I explained the no-way-Jose side of it, but secretly I was like… hmmm… lovely… such a perfect bundle of baby, I would love that! But no, too nutty. Three is plenty, the just right amount for this house hold. I tried to put across the concept that by the time a new baby was big enough to play with, they would be out of the house. Pow would be a mighty teen, and Sam would be, what, twenty-three? Ahhhh!!! How does that happen? Alena was eleven months old when I first got to know you. She was gallivanting all over your furniture, climbing to the top of the stuffed chair by the window, and at the time she seemed so big! Compared to new baby Sam that is : ) 

Anyway, I'm glad to see you working on the book, so excited!!!

Sending love and hugs; praying for your rain. Maybe I'll shake a little booty up hear to encourage the rain gods to bring forth what is so needed.
         
                         Big Hugs!
                                             
                                  City Mouse


P.S. Here are the links to my books: Oh My Sweet Baby and One Treat After Another.

P.P.S. Here is a little inspiration I caught walking home from the pie truck:

                                              XXOO
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment