Sunday, April 12, 2015

Longs days…

Dear Country Mouse,

I am soooooo tired. I feel my body heavy in every limb, even my non-limbs are heavy. This week has been much busier at the pie truck, and ten hour days like this are only the beginning. Last summer I was pushing through twelve and fourteen hour days, I'm hoping to arrange things a little better so that won't be the case this year. Too much is too much! Although I did swear up and down I knew it was going to be like this and I was willing to take on the task.

Enough of that, are you going to plant a summer garden? I know the lack of water makes it a tough decision. I really plan to, although planning is only the first step. I'm not doubting I'll  get tomato plants in the ground, but I'm not sure if I'll get a whole lot farther then that.

Tonight B and M stopped by for dinner at the pod and joined us for a beer. It truly is feeling like summer. Still a little on the cool side, but the lot has been full of kids, running ramped while their parents find calm solace and conversation at a picnic table. Poor Pow has had a stomach bug, so he didn't want any dinner. Zuzu had it Thursday, but had to be better for her play, and now here the Pows got it. No fun!

The monster is cute, so nice you are getting those girls sewing. That was always my favorite homeschool class, my little group of girls sewing away and chattering. It felt so magical storybook and profoundly important.

I started using the flat top at the truck. It only took me eleven months to get up the courage to jump in and have a go. Henry has been telling my forever that it would save time and be more efficient. I'm such a stubborn one, I couldn't manage it until I was good and ready. Now, three days in, I am madly in love. I made a delicious dinner of portobellos, asparagus, chicken and not so great tomatoes. I served up bacon potato hash all day at the truck, and experimented with pancakes for a future truck special…

Miss you like crazy!

               
           XXOO

                   City Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment