Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Loving your characters and making pancakes… a recipe…

Wow Country Mouse,

You took my breath away. Those characters are AMAZING!!!!

I love the grandfather, with his felt puckered hat and perfect face. Did you notice he looks like your father? Was that intentional?

The detail is stunning, the balalaika is too wonderful. Now I am going to be on the edge of my seat to see more…

I'm glad the weather has been nice, spring is such a magical time!

I have been making lots of pancakes lately… I wanted to perfect a recipe for the truck, and then I had to make more at home for the kids. Too often I find my self cooking up wonderful food for customers and then heating up leftovers or a frozen pizza come nighttime at home. The funniest part about the recipe is when I first made the pancakes they tasted like restaurant pancakes. It's weird how being in a commercial kitchen environment makes the food more "real" tasting. Note, letting the eggs and milk warm to room-temperature and then letting the finished batter sit for twenty or so minutes adds to their successes. I added blueberries after I poured the batter onto the pan. Sam is obsessed with blueberries...



Anyway, have a wonderful day!!!

          City Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment