Sunday, April 26, 2015

Check out Spiral…

Dear Country Mouse,

I just heard about the most inspiring thing, double inspiring : ) Let me explain.

When I used to teach preschool there was a wonderful woman in charge of the program, I loved working for/with her. She had a teenage daughter at the time who actually came to my ballet classes that I was holding at the dance studio, random piece of info. 

Anyway, I always loved her family, they are all so sweet, but her daughter was still young, and though I knew would head in a wonderful direction, I was watching the young teen being that, a young teen .

I have always had hopes to create an organization that brought inner-city kids and underprivileged children out into the wilderness, giving them space to find other connections to themselves as well as this great planet we are so lucky to be on.

Okay, cool part, where the two meet:

This wonderful teen/now-grown-up daughter, has collaborated with a friend to create a very similar program. It is called Spiral. It is a month long program for teens across the country. It is isolated to women as of now, which I find a good idea for a kick-off program. Please check it out, and I know neither of us are in the position to offer up money right now, but here is a link just the same: fund-spiral.


Anyway, hope you are well!


Love, love, love you!

              City Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment