Monday, April 6, 2015

Meet Soshe

Dear City Mouse,

I have been busily trying to squeeze in time to create more characters for my book. Meet Soshe! She is named after my Bubbie (grandmother). I have begun a couple of the other characters, but I keep getting interrupted by needing to drive the kids places today. 

The day started off beautifully -- blue skies with puffy white clouds, cool spring air, birds chirping and flowers blooming. It was my intention to spend the whole afternoon outside, painting their tiny faces and sewing their tiny clothes. However, the weather took a turn and became too chilly to enjoy. Hopefully we will see some rain.

I was searching high and low for the perfect piece of fabric for Bubbie's little dress when I stumbled onto pieces of fabric from the quilt we all made for you when you were pregnant with Pow. I was hit with a bittersweet wave if emotion, pining for those sweet days again.

Your new books remind be of those times, so filled with baby nostalgia. Could you please send me a link to buy them? I loved them so much I cried.

I just ate the first real meal of the day, oops. It's so hard for me to stay on track. I love the pictures of your yummy Easter food. We should share some recipes too, I'm not feeling very inspired to cook lately. Tonight I made a version of a staple dinner I make:

Sautéed ground Turkey with brown rice and Veggies

  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • Brown rice
  • Half an onion
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • 5 tbs coconut oil
  • Shredded kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts, green and red cabbage
  • Sriracha 
  • Salt and pepper
I start brown rice and while that's cooking I caramelize half an onion on low temp in coconut oil. I then add ground turkey, salt and pepper, and turn up the flame to about half. When its almost cooked I press garlic into it. When the turkey is done, I add all the veggies and a splash of water. I sautée it all together under a lid to steam it all, removing the lid to stir it every so often.
If Alena liked spicy food I would have added something spicy when I added the garlic. This dish is good with a little Sriracha at the end too.

I miss you so badly. Thank you for writing.

Love,
Country Mouse

No comments:

Post a Comment