Sunday, May 17, 2015

Hello and garden things…

 Dear Country Mouse,

May is already here. May! I cannot believe we have whipped through this year so quickly. At this rate we'll be old ladies in English cottages remembering when… before we can blink and look again.

I've had a few over-tired lazy days where I couldn't get my self going. Mother's Day Weekend took too much out of me and I haven't quite caught up since—I need to learn pacing, although as you struggle with as well, that's hard when you are in the food world and it's busy. You can't very well say "go home, I'm too tired to feed for you!" 

I took a few pictures of the spring growth in my yard, the hollyhocks I planted last year are finely budding. I planted them from seed and they only became tiny plants with no flowers. This year they are much more vigorous. I vaguely remember hearing they are biennials, so this would make sense, although in California I recall them being vigorous every year right from the start. I looked it up and found in some warmer climates they do flower the first year. Ahhh, I am learning this area step-by-step, it is quite exciting finding out what grows and when around here. For example geraniums are annuals unless you take them indoors. Hearty geraniums, I wouldn't have guessed.




Sending hugs and hope to talk soon!

       
       City Mouse


       XXOO

No comments:

Post a Comment